She found the tide’s rhythm soothing.
She wanted more than faceless communication.
They ignored her. She felt invisible.
I was recently nominated for this award by Elyra over at Two Roads Diverge (who has a lovely blog with terrific poetry and stories). Thank you so much, Elyra!
The Leibster Award is an award passed from blogger to blogger. It is passed to bloggers with less than two hundred followers. Leibster comes from the German and means kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved. You can nominate from 5 to 11 bloggers. The rules for 2017 are here: The Global Aussie
Here are my nominees:
11 Random Facts about me:
- I have a black cat named Angel.
- I studied abroad in Spain in college.
- I love the Harry Potter series.
- I played the violin for several years. I still have it, though I haven’t played in awhile.
- My first published poem was called “The Terrible Monster,” which was published in our local newspaper when I was 8.
- I love fried ice cream.
- My favorite season is spring, though fall is a close second.
- I enjoy hiking, though I don’t go hiking nearly as much as I would like.
- My grandma and I played Scrabble when I was a kid, and I still love to play it.
- I’ve lived in three Midwestern states: I was born in Iowa, lived in northern Wisconsin for 4 years, and now live in the Chicago area.
- My pets when I was kid included a goldfish, a parakeet, a gerbil, and a rabbit.
My favorite blogger:
I don’t think I can pick just one, since I really enjoy so many blogs, so I will pick a few of my favorites: Cee’s Photography (beautiful photos), Haiku Out of Africa (wonderful haikus), and keithgarrettpoetry (fantastic poems).
- If you could be any animal, what would you be?
- If you can travel anywhere for a day, where would you go?
- Other than earth, what’s your favorite planet?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What is your favorite color?
- If you were a candy bar, which candy bar would you be?
- If you could have lunch with anyone, past or present, who would it be?
- What is your favorite breakfast food?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- If you could travel in time, what time period would you like to visit?
- Which book could you read over and over again pretty much forever and never get bored of it? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Which movie could you watch over and over again pretty much forever and never get bored of it? The Martian
- What is your favorite medium to write in? (poetry, playwriting, prose, freeform…) Prose
- What is your favorite artistic medium? (photography, pencil, writing, dancing, sculpture) Photography
- Which artistic medium are you best at? Probably photography, though I have a lot to learn
- Which is your favorite character in any of the Star Wars Movies? (chuckles evilly) Leia
- What do you look for in a friend? Somebody who is caring and has a good sense of humor
- What is your best friend’s best characteristic? She’s a really caring person.
- What is your favorite color? Why? Blue, probably because it’s the color of the sky. Also, it’s just really pretty.
- What is your opinion on perfume? (you can tell me it is evil, yes) I don’t mind other people wearing it, as long as it isn’t overwhelming, but I only wear perfume occasionally.
- Is modern art really art? (I’m gonna be starting wars with these questions and I don’t even care) Yes, I think so.
Thank you again to Elyra for the nomination!
I love this app. It helps me be more productive and is good for the earth.
Yay! My story won third place in the Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge. I love doing this challenge each week. You can check out my story and the other winners here: And the winner is…
It’s a fun challenge to enter, and even if you don’t enter, you can enjoy all the great stories and vote for your favorites. This week’s challenge is here.
Each week, Sometimes Stellar Storyteller has a terrific challenge to write a story in six words. There are always lots of great creative entries. This week’s prompt was “luck,” and my story won! My story and the other winners are here: And the winner is…
I’m very honored that my story may have set a record for number of votes for an entry.
I love doing the Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Six Word Story Challenge, and I’d encourage anyone looking for a fun writing challenge to try it out.